Tips from an Electrician Service on What to Avoid
Renovations can be a huge undertaking, so it’s vital to plan every detail beforehand. Speaking to experts will not only save time but also money in the long run.
One of the biggest problems homeowners face with this type of project is the incorrect placing of power points and switches. This is why we, at Browning Electrical Services, based in Lawrenceville, GA, have provided some helpful tips below for homeowners who live outside of our area.
- Make an appointment with your electrician service in order to discuss want you are looking for with the electrical system.
- Decrease costs by getting an energy audit performed, look at different tariffs and installations of automatic lighting.
- Obtain written estimates for any work which was agreed upon, this should also include time schedules and warranties on workmanship and materials used.
- Ensure the service you use is fully insured.
- Speak to your electrician where you want them to place the power points and switches.
- Tell them what you want in finishing with your power points and switches. White is not your only option.
- Think about having a surge protection installed, especially if you live somewhere that has frequent summer storms.
- If your home is older, consider getting it upgraded, such as changing the meter box and going from ceramic fuses to more modern ones.
- Ensure everything is written in the contract and that all parties involved have a copy.
- Never be scared to ask for advice, this is what they are there for, remember, this is your renovation, so apart from regulations and safety issues, you will have the last say on where switches and the likes are to be placed.
- Safety switches were created to save lives. They will detect any loss of current with a circuit and cut the power in milliseconds. These have been mandatory in new homes since the 1990s. However, some of the older homes still do not have them, and circuits like stoves, air-conditioning and hot water heaters will not be protected in these homes.
So, if you are in need of an electrician service, call Browning Electrical Services today, we are based in the Lawrenceville, GA area, at (678) 658-0931.