What Are the Pros and Cons of Fluorescent Electrical & Lighting?
Fluorescent lighting works using mercury and neon gas, this creates a chemical reaction, standard bulbs, however, work by heat. This kind of electrical & lighting used to be only seen in office spaces; however, it is becoming more popular within homes due to their numerous advantages. If you are considering this for your home, we, at Browning Electrical Services in Lawrenceville, GA, have provided the advantages and disadvantages of this lighting in order to help you make the right decision for your home.
- This kind of lighting is over 60% cheaper than standard lighting, while offering the same kind of brightness.
- When you think that over a quarter of home’s electrical consumption comes from light bulbs, the savings do add up in the long run.
- They also have a longer lifespan. On average, a tube comes with a lifespan which is six times more than standard bulbs. They burn less after constant use and are able to be turned on and off without a person being scared of burning it out.
- They do not give get hot, which makes them better for areas where extra heat will create equipment malfunction.
- The initial outlay of this lighting is more than three times higher than other standard bulbs. Most people think this means fluorescent lights are more expensive; however, the truth is quite the reverse because they last longer and save money. Some lighting does need a professional electrical & lighting service the first time around, as the connections are far more difficult.
- Some do noticeably flicker and provide an uneven light which does irritate some users. Once the flicking becomes obvious, then the only recourse is to replace the lamp.
- Fluorescent lighting are not as attractive. Unless you purchase decorative ways to conceal the lamps, they are usually visible and can detract from the visual appeal of a room. Traditionally, these only came in white; however, there are wider varieties available today.
Contact us at (678) 658-0931.